The 2022-2023 Primary Mentor Text Club Bundle is complete!
There are now 12 weeks of COMPLETE lessons ready to use again year after year!
All twelve units of one-week lesson plans are less than $3.50 each when you buy in at the club bundle price!
WHO SHOULD USE THESE CLUB UNITS?
- A teacher who uses Jivey’s mentor sentences and mentor text resources, and would like to change it up with some new books
- An educator who is looking for detailed lesson plans to guide their use of mentor texts across content
- Someone who wants to incorporate picture books monthly with other required curricula
- A bookaholic who loves all things picture books
Using mentor texts is one of the best ways to maximize your teaching time. You are able to teach multiple skills, subjects, and topics with just one book!
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN EACH MONTH’S UNIT?
You will notice that the units align in best practices with my other resources, so if you are already using other components from the First Grade Mentor Text Curriculum or the Second Grade Mentor Text Curriculum, they can easily be incorporated into your plans without breaking stride.
- a week of plans that integrate multiple skills and subjects
- detailed explicit lessons, including teacher samples
- a week-at-a-glance plan
- digitally converted activities in Google Slides and Forms, when applicable
- mentor sentence lessons provided in first- and second-grade formats
- reading and writing lessons
- integration of other subjects (science, social studies, or social/emotional skills)
- printables for skill practice, with two versions if there is also a lower level of the standard
- at least one other text (poem, article, paired passages)* to integrate with your lessons *this will vary each unit depending on skills covered!
- short assessments
(The mentor text books are NOT included. If you don’t own a copy of the book, and can’t purchase it, check your local library or you might even find an online read-aloud of the text with a simple Google search!)
These sets do NOT use any of the books or articles previously used in other resources!
HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM JIVEY’S OTHER RESOURCES?
My Mentor Sentences and Better Than Basal resources do not provide explicit sequenced weekly lesson plans. This is so that you can move in and out of each unit as you need and go in any order you’d like. The units in the club DO contain explicit lesson plans, and should be taught over the course of the week in the order presented in the unit.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS ONLY FOR CLUB MEMBERS: Pencils On Strike by Jennifer Jones
Vocabulary, Letter Writing, Point of View, and Ending Punctuation
Please remember, this purchase is for the use of one teacher. It is not intended to be shared. Please use the ‘additional license’ purchase if more than one teacher will be using it. Thank you!
*The mentor sentence lessons I have created are adapted from the ideas of Jeff Anderson. These lessons were born from the routine that worked well in my classroom, and the demos and examples I present are variations of Jeff Anderson’s methods. This is not the only way to “do” mentor sentences in your classroom.*
Copyright © 2022-2023 Ideas By Jivey, LLC
All rights reserved by author, Jessica Ivey.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Leave feedback to earn credits for future purchases! Become a follower to receive updates about future units as well!